Monday, July 30, 2012

Playing Cowpoke at Miz Elliott's Birthday Party

When I was a kid, growing up in Santa Barbara in the '50s, my brothers and I played "cowboys and Indians" a lot. We put on cowboy hats and shot at each other with chrome cap guns.  As an adult the only times I've worn Western garb was on dude ranches.

Fortunately I still have my black felt stetson (from a father-daughter dude ranch vacation of about 12 years ago when my daughter was only eight) because Mrs Elliott tossed a party last weekend out on the Back 40 for her 60th birthday and everyone was invited to come in cowboy drag.

So I took that hat down from the top shelf of the closet and dusted it off. And Buckaroo Jack was back.
Buckaroo Jack (durr).

Buckarette Miz Elliott. Much cuter than Buckaroo Jack. 
Buckaroo Jack sings "Happy Birthday" to Buckarette Miz Elliott.

H. Bruce Miller bellies up to the martini bar for a gen-u-wine Western-style Strawberry Margarita.


Cowboy Woody Bob shows how it's done.


Cowgirl Sharon Miller gonna rope herself a heifer for dinner.


The weather was perfect. Food was ribs, chicken and tri-tips, catered by Big Troy's BBQ of Bend (Troy Fox, cell: 209 649-4150); music by the Rockhounds.

4 comments:

  1. I must admit we looked like an old Roy Rodgers and Dale Evans in our photo don't we? Yes, a good time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a rip-snortin' good time was had by all! (Not that I noticed much snortin' goin' on.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great party! We used to do cowboys and indians at our kids birthday parties but rarely see it these days. The computers seem to have taken over!
    All the best

    ReplyDelete

 
------------ Facebook update page widget added 3/2012 --------------
------------ ends facebook update page widget -------------