Tuesday, October 25, 2011

It Breaks My Heart

I placed an ad on the Bend branch of craigslist.com today for someone to help Mrs Elliott and me plant a buttload* of bulbs (my pot-metal knee and fused ankle don't make kneeling and doing ground-level work possible).

 I posted the ad eight hours ago. I've received nearly 30 call and a few emails. Here's an example of an email:

My name is (redacted) and I am interested in the garden help gig available. I am a 32 yr old father and husband with a strong work ethic and experienced in outdoor labor. I have open availability and transportation if the opportunity is still there. Thank you for reading and considering! I can be reached at (redacted).


Cripes. How's a girl to deal with such an onslaught of heart-tugging messages like that? Who do you hire?


============
* Buttload: technical term. noun; a great quantity. Not as much as an ass-load or a shit-load

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
------------ Facebook update page widget added 3/2012 --------------
------------ ends facebook update page widget -------------