Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I Don't Get It

Mrs Elliott and I were watching TV the other night. This being the dead, dry, parched time in TV viewing when there's pretty much not a goddamned thing on, she dialed through the movie listings and landed on Casablanca. It's a fine film and I enjoy it.

But she chose the non-HDTV version and the stupid TV applied its "stretch" mode to the image.

I walked into the room and said, "why are you watching the stretch-o-vision version?"

She said she didn't see anything wrong with the picture.

Here's what Bogart's face looks like:


Here's what the TV was displaying:

"I can't see a problem," she said. 

Really? How can that be?

I changed channels to the HDTV one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
------------ Facebook update page widget added 3/2012 --------------
------------ ends facebook update page widget -------------