Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Two Musical Events . . .

. . . one I will be able to attend, the second I cannot. 

The One I Can Attend: The ever-popular Beatles Singalong on June 25 at the Century Ballroom at 7 pm.

For the benefit of KPOV
There will be a show to see
Bring your bong.
Seven bands will play some songs
Beatles songs to sing along
You can't go wrong!

With dancing, beer and wine and food
and a silent auction for nifty swag*

In this way we can celebrate the day!


* Including a gift certificate to a 5 day rental of a VW Westfalia camper van from Happy Campers in Hawaii!


Tickets available at KPOV.org
10/members $12 non members  $15 at the door

...Let's all get up and dance to a song that was a hit before your mother was born.

The One I Cannot Attend. Jack loves funk. And a two-day funk fest sounds about right. Something like, maybe, the Volcanic Funk Fest.

July 30 and 31 (also at the Century Center). But Jack has a prior engagement and, alas, cannot attend.

Y'all get down without me.

5 comments:

  1. I'd go to the singalong, but I'm such an execrable singer that I'd embarrass myself (and anybody near me).

    ReplyDelete
  2. And where the hell is "Century Center," anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Century Center/Ballroom. On the west side. See mappie: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=70%20SW%20Century%20Dr.,%20Bend,%20OR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I can hear all the music events at Century Center from my balcony! I won't miss the Beatles sing-along! I actually think I might recognize you ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you do, then say "Howdy there, fellow blogger!"

    ReplyDelete

 
------------ Facebook update page widget added 3/2012 --------------
------------ ends facebook update page widget -------------