Thursday, March 3, 2011

You Have To Like How She Smells

Mrs Elliott is out of town, visiting a potential client. I am alone in the house, tidying up.

The cleaning lady comes in the morning. I think that she judges us for our untidiness.

Roaming about the house, I empty the trash, stack our bills discount coupons receipts catalogs and course description neatly on the kitchen counter, I push warm and full wool winter socks down into the dresser drawers and close them shut, I load the dishwasher and set it to "delay run" to do its work after I've fallen to sleep, and I wonder how the messiness of the stovetop, with its stains, blobs of unknown foodstuff detritus, and explosion-shaped spatters, is interpreted.

While making a sweep through the living room I found my wife's green and yellow Ducks sweatshirt on the sofa. I pressed it against my face and breathed in through my mouth and nose. I inhaled fragrant love and warmth.

I do like the way this woman smells. I recommend to all men that they find someone who smells good to them.

For the ladies: Suck it up. I like how Mrs Elliott smells, but she generally finds me stinky. 

3 comments:

  1. I like this post .... come see 'The Rainmaker' at 2nd Street Theatre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree, a wife who smells good is far better than one who doesn't.

    And you're not THAT stinky, Jack.

    ReplyDelete

 
------------ Facebook update page widget added 3/2012 --------------
------------ ends facebook update page widget -------------