Monday, March 1, 2010

The Big Six-Oh

Yeah, Jack is turning 60 in just over a week. Mrs Elliott has something planned, wants me to pack a suitcase and be ready to depart to Places Unknown the day before my birthday.

Many years ago I had a "Yankee' push-drill. My dad had one, I used one for years when I was younger. Lost it. Those things have been out of production for many, many years, since most folk use cordless drills.

But sometimes a push-drill is just easier, so I said to myself, "Maybe for my birthday, one of my kids can find one for me."

So I added a push-drill to my 60th birthday wish-list.

Last week, I was talking to Mike Accardo of Quality Interior Works, about his favorite subject -- tools -- when I told him about the push drill I used to have. He said he thought he had an old one kicking around the garage.

Then on Saturday, Mike showed up on my doorstep holding a used but serviceable Stanley model 130A Yankee "Quick Return Spiral Ratchet Screwdriver."

"Merry Christmas."

"Wow. What's weird is that my birthday is in a couple weeks and I had a `Yankee push drill' on my wish list!"

"Happy birthday, then!"

1 comment:

  1. My father had one of those push drills too, and bequeathed it to me. Unfortunately it was lost in one of our many moves. Too bad -- it was a handy little tool.

    ReplyDelete

 
------------ Facebook update page widget added 3/2012 --------------
------------ ends facebook update page widget -------------