Thursday, January 21, 2010

Unimportant Even By My Standards

I won't lie to you, this post is just a placeholder.

There's not much going on
right now at Maison Elliott. Work. Household chores. Maintenance of the physical plant (toilet handle broke this morning necessitating a run to the hardware store). Guy in the store asks, "So you got a square hole or round hole in the side of the tank."

"What do you got?"

He pauses to consider the shelf stock. "Square."

"I'll take square."

Hired some arborists to address two tree branches that partially broke under the weight of last November's surprisingly heavy early snowfall -- work too dangerous for someone like me (though temptation whispers to me to become another idiot amateur limb-cutter on a ladder on America's Favorite Home Videos and maybe win some money -- money easily spent while wearing a body cast).

Paul the Computer Guy is having his grand opening on Groundhog Day. He's been taking care of our networking needs, helped wire the shop and Mrs Elliott's office when we moved in, and he's provided good hardware recommendations, too. So I don't mind if I steer some business his way. He was working out of his house when we met him, but has moved into a storefront on Franklin between 3rd St. and the railroad overpass. I'll drop by and say "Hi."

I had a key made. And ... oh yeah: had to make a run to the bank, too.

So ... (pauses to find a way to fill time) ... anyone got anything to say about the Championship Round games this coming weekend?

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you're discovering there isn't a hell of a lot to do in Bend in the winter, Jack. (Not that there's a hell of a lot to do in Bend in the summer either.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have written the same post if we were still living in SoCal. Beaches aren't very interesting to me. That leaves . . . what?

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least in SoCal you could be sitting out in the sun having a beer while being bored.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a t-shirt that reads, "Keep out of direct sunlight"

    Sitting under the sun is highly overrated, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Sitting under the sun is highly overrated, IMO."

    Troglodyte.

    ReplyDelete
  6. On another note, I accurately predicted the outcome of both championship games; I'm picking the Ain'ts for the Stupor Bowl.

    ReplyDelete

 
------------ Facebook update page widget added 3/2012 --------------
------------ ends facebook update page widget -------------