Sunday, October 4, 2009

Snow, Power Outage . . . might as well do some housework


Wow -- a heavy snowfall this morning. It was snowing when I woke up, and now (11 am) we've got at least 5 inches heavy snow weighing down the branches of the trees. (Photo taken at 8am.)

We were going to go to Home Despot and get some hardboard cut for a project, pick up some hardware doodads, but I'll wait until others have cleared the streets a bit even though I have some good Finnish Nokian Hakkapeliitta winter tires on my VW van.

And the power went out for 2,800 homes (per Pacific Power's recorded phone announcement) including ours for about an hour. A good excuse to make a cup of coffee and just wander about the house and tidy up heaps of books and papers and disassembled projects I'm tinkering on.

1 comment:

  1. Did many tree branches get broken at your place? We have a number of big old elms at our place and a lot of branches came down. Probably gonna cost me several hundred bucks to have a tree service clear up the mess.

    Ah, I love this "interesting" Bend weather.

    ReplyDelete

 
------------ Facebook update page widget added 3/2012 --------------
------------ ends facebook update page widget -------------