Saturday, October 31, 2009

Ducks or Beavers?

As transplants, we don't know where to come down on this crucial issue. Or if we should even be allowed to have an opinion. I don't have a favorite college football team so if I were to pick an Oregon team to root for, I would not be betraying any loyalties.

I know nothing about the Oregon teams.

I generally like ducks, as a race. Ducks are funny-looking. I can offhand think of several famous ducks in comics and cartoons (Donald, Daisy, Daffy, Huey, Dewey, Louie, Scrooge, and Howard). I can't think of any cartoon beavers.

Beavers aren't very interesting. About all you can say about them is that they work hard. They are just kind of big rats.

They both look pretty angry. It's unclear why.

Nope, we don't have much to go on.

5 comments:

  1. "I know nothing about the Oregon teams."

    The Ducks are much better. At least this season.

    Also the U of O has the rep of being the more "intellectual" school, while OSU is more in the cow-college category.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't go wrong with some good beaver, I always say.
    *ahem*

    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, how about them Ducks last night! I was hoping they'd push the score over 50, but 47-20 is good enough.

    (Congratulations to the Beavs as well. The Californians got an ass-kickin' all around.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well yes. The Ducks handed USC their asses on a platter last night. That was a very cool game. I didn't watch the Beavers game very long, couldn't find a HD version, though I didn't look very hard. I was busy in the afternoon anyway. I did thoroughly enjoy the Ducks/SC game -- I got more pleasure out of it than any college game before. Maybe it's because I can start with a blank slate and am happy to root for a team in a state that I like, rather than one I resented living in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "OSU is more in the cow-college category" ... that pulls in far, far more research dollars than the University of Oregon does or ever will.

    ReplyDelete

 
------------ Facebook update page widget added 3/2012 --------------
------------ ends facebook update page widget -------------